|Onions drying on hayrack|
In the box:
- Edamame: Yes, the big bunch of soybeans stuffed in your box. Pull the pods or beans off the stalk, boil in saltwater a few minutes, and serve. You pop the bean out of the pod into your mouth...think a snack with a beer.
- Black Spanish Radishes: Bunch with blue band and greens. These are radishes that get big like a racketball. With their rough outside, you need to peel these before using.
- A few slicing tomatoes
- Colored pepper
- Italia pepper: The long red/green pepper - sweet, not hot.
- Cippolini onion: The flat onion...really my favorite. It's pungent with a good flavor, so use as you would a yellow onion in cooking.
- Melon: Some received a yellow canary melon, some a cantaloupe.
- Delicata winter squash: First squash of the year. Cut in half, remove seeds, and bake face down on a cookie sheet until soft.
- Swiss Chard or Kale