2015 will mark our 10th season operating a CSA and I think we have a long list of reasons why to choose Lida Farm for 2015:
- Certified Organic: Last year we certified to assure folks that we're "doing it right." We invest in building soil to produce healthy crops without chemicals and GMOs,
- Clean Energy : We power our farm with carbon-free wind and solar power. Our Ventera wind turbine provides a majority of the farm's electrical needs and we recently installed solar thermal panels to heat our winter greenhouse.
- Small-scale Family Farm: We're pretty much the opposite of big ag. All produce which you receive is grown, cultivated, washed, and packed by Ryan and Maree Pesch with some assistance from our friend and apprentice Kelsey Wulf. Our three children make up the rest of the workforce, but their contributions are hit and miss. We're hoping for 50 shares in 2015.
- Delivered Shares: One feature many of our members enjoy is that their CSA box simply shows up on their doorstep. We deliver every Friday directly to home or businesses in Pelican Rapids, Detroit Lakes, Vergas, Cormorant, and many lakes in between. We have limited shares delivered to a dropsite in Fergus Falls on Tuesdays.
- On-farm Experiences: The fall harvest party may be reason enough to join. We also invite members to pick peas, beans, tomatoes, and a jack-o-lantern.
We offer two kinds of CSA shares: a full/family share where you receive a 3/4 bushel box of what's in season every week for 16 weeks and an every-other-week share (8 deliveries over 16 weeks). We also expect to do fall storage shares and some winter shares with details forthcoming.
Full share (3/4 bushel box each week for 16 weeks):
- Pick up at farm - $435 (receive 2014 price if sign up by March 15)
- Delivered - $485 (receive 2014 price if sign up by March 15)
Every-other-week share (3/4 bushel box every other week):
- Pick up at farm - $235 (receive 2014 price if sign up by March 15)
- Delivered - $265 (receive 2014 price if sign up by March 15)
*You will receive a 20% discount if using SNAP benefits to have your assistance go further.