In the Box:
- Brussel Sprouts on the Stalk: Simply pull the brussel sprouts off the stalk and put to work. I don't know what to do with the stalk afterwards...croquet mallet?
- Parsnips: Look like white carrots.
- Napa Cabbage
- Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash: These turned out really well this year. Good color, good size.
- Red Kuri Squash: Cook as you would any other winter squash (buttercup, etc). We made a coconut squash soup last night with Red Kuri and it was excellent. We thought a good description for the squash was nutty, almost chestnut like.
- Russet Potatoes
- Swiss Chard
- HaralRed Apples: These are pretty good for fresh eating (a bit sweeter than a Haralson), but, like a Haralson, are great for baking and sauce.